1. Nicknames: Izzy (of course) ,Iz, Izzy-the-busy, & Izzy-the-bell.
2. Favorite activities: going to dog parks ( she does require a leash), Walks, boating, splashing in lakes(not swimming), sleeping, eating, playing catch with her toys, chewing raw hide bones (not the flat ones),and her favorite is car rides. She prefers the window down and rides on the drivers lap with her head out the window (this is however not the best thing for her ears so you have to drive slowly)!
3. Sleep: She will sleep best in her Kirkland bed anywhere in your room. She does fine in her cage too! In fact she may want that until she adapts more. She would jump at any chance to sleep in your bed if you desire (we did until we had the kiddos).
4. Naps: She is a big napper! She loves sleeping in the sun! Outside or even inside near windows and doors where sunlight comes in.
5. Baths: She does well in the bath, but she will shake and get you wet! Dry her off well with a beach towel and then she likes the towel laid out on the floor so she can dry her ears and head off! She usually then runs around until she is dry or gets too tired! She loves to be brushed with the red brush during and after the bath. She was always had her teeth brushed after baths.
6. Home alone: She does great being left home alone! She does like to have access to her cage and some toys. If we want to lock her in we simply open the door to her crate and say “Izzy cage” or “Kennel-up” and she goes right in. (She loves treats for good behavior)
7. Safety: She does jump on people and can bark angrily, but she has never bit anyone! She does try to hang out the car window so we never roll the window all the way down. She has been known to jump down towards your feet when you park the car (FYI) so you may want to put her in another seat before you park! She is also is kind of protective of her owners, food, and toys. Again, she does not bite but will startle people. Daschunds also have a tenancy to be overweight which can break their backs. Keeping table foods to a minimum and feeding her low fat foods with frequent walks will help!
8. Accidents: She does have an excitement problem (urinating)! So you might want to advise people to hold off petting unless she has calmed down or is outdoors! She usually does better if you have her go right before people come into your home. Not a huge problem, just a special bonus that comes with the package!
9. Return Policy: If you ever decide that it is not working out or you need to give her up, please call us! We would love to take her back. This was a very hard decision for us! She truly is a fun, loving, beautiful dog who has been a part of our family from the beginning. Unfortunately, at this time in our lives, we were not able to give her enough physical & emotional attention. We know she will receive the care she needs with your family. We appreciate the time you spent with her while we were away and we were thrilled to hear you wanted to give her a new home. We know you will love her like we do! We know she will be a wonderful addition to your family. We will truly miss her and we will always hold her dear to our hearts! (Feel free to remind her of that)
Thanks for everything,